This program is currently suspended
Integrated K9 Services has developed a Mentoring Program for those who love dogs and want to become a dog trainer. This course is based on approximately 250 hours and is set up around current work and school schedules. At the present time, this program is only offered in the Hamilton, Ontario area.
Would you be a Good Fit as a Dog Trainer?
• you’ve owned dogs before and are passionate about their welfare
• you’re interested in learning our balanced approach to dog training
• you have the time to learn the business (semi-retired or have flexible hours)
• you have a dog that has no behaviour issues and is young enough to potentially become your ‘demo dog’
• you currently own or work in a dog related business (grooming, boarding kennel, vet clinic, dog walker)
• you are patient, open minded, detail oriented and want to succeed
• you like to work in a team environment
• you have your own car
• are in the Hamilton, Ontario area
Benefits of Being a Dog Trainer
• being able to teach clients how to control and better understand their dog’s behaviour
• have your own business and control your time
• working with many different breeds of dogs including mixed breeds and rescue dogs
• teaching obedience programs
• additional income
• as part of our team, you will be covered by our group insurance policy and memberships in various associations
• being able to take advantage of various tax deductions related to being involved in a sole proprietorship
How the IK9 Mentoring Program Can Help You Reach That Goal
• learn how to instruct obedience classes
• learn how to deal with aggressive dogs
• learn how to work with clients and their dogs in a group as well as a private setting
• learn about dog behaviour
• learn how to market yourself and your business
• exposure/introduction to Pet Therapy Training and Testing
Do You Have What it Takes to Be a Great Dog Trainer?
If you live in the Hamilton, Ontario area, provide your details below
and Wendy will contact you.
Please Note: There is a fee associated with this program. For more information, please contact Wendy Maeots.